Prescription for Resilience
We’re living in turbulent times, defined by high inflation, rising interest rates, an ongoing labor shortage and the strain of an enduring pandemic. This is the kind of environment that can break an organization — or make it. For the healthcare and life sciences industries, the risks are clear. Fortunately, so too are the opportunities for innovation and growth.
During the J.P. Morgan 2023 Healthcare Conference, BDO curated panels of industry experts and thought leaders to explore what it takes for healthcare and life sciences companies to successfully navigate the trials ahead and come out stronger than before.
Time to Thrive: Overcoming Adversity with Resilience
The last few years have taught the healthcare industry tough lessons on the importance of resilience. Now, we’re facing a new set of headwinds. Not only do new strains of COVID-19 continue to emerge, but a serious economic downturn could enter the mix. What does that mean for your organization?
- Bobby Guy, Shareholder, Polsinelli (Moderator)
- Dr. Ralph De la Torre, Chairman and CEO, Steward Health
- Dr. Christopher Kersey, Founder and Managing Partner, Havencrest Capital Management
- Casey Leonetti, Managing Director, Bain Capital
- Jim Moloney, Managing Director and Head of Health Systems M&A, Cain Brothers
Efficient Innovation: Accelerating Drug Development While Reducing Costs
Life sciences companies are holding steady in turbulent economic conditions. But with less available cash, they need to get creative to continue making breakthroughs in research. We share opportunities to increase efficiencies and reduce costs, all while accelerating drug development timelines.
- Steve Bjornson, Chief Operating Officer, Vaccine Research and Development, Pfizer
- Ish Dhawan, Ph.D., Vice President, Program Management, Atreca
- Stephen Hill, Chief Operating Officer, Lyell Immunopharma
- Alison Mastrangelo, Ph.D., Managing Director, BDO’s BioProcess Technology Group
- Maggie Pax, Life Sciences Executive and Board Member (Moderator)
Rewriting the Healthcare Playbook: How Patients are Shifting the Status Quo
Patients have made it clear that the traditional healthcare institution doesn’t work for them. That’s why they’re turning to patient-centric solutions — and driving an industry-shaking shift toward consumerism in the process. We surveyed over 2,000 patients to understand what they really want and share insights on how to earn their loyalty.
- Brad Boyd, Managing Director and Co-Leader, The BDO Center for Healthcare Excellence & Innovation (Moderator)
- Heidi Collins, Vice President, Health IT Operations, UCSF Health
- Srin Vishwanath, Founder and CEO, OPN Healthcare
- Dr. Jim Walton, Former President and CEO, Genesis Physicians Group
Fireside Chat with Lambert Van Der Walde
The 21st century has seen significant change to healthcare — from consumerism to EHRs to new areas of investor interest. We deep dive on those forces of disruption with an executive who saw these shifts firsthand through work at CMS and UnitedHealth.
- David Francis, Managing Director, The BDO Center for Healthcare Excellence & Innovation
- Lambert van der Walde, SVP & Executive Director, Center for Health Reform & Modernization, UnitedHealth Group
More Insights on the Future of Health
Explore our most recent resources and thought leadership.
No Results Found