BDO’s highly specialized health and welfare benefits audit team allows for a thorough, compliant and error-free audit process year over year.
BDO is a founding member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center (EBPAQC). We actively support its mission to ensure the quality and integrity of all employee benefit plan audits.
Our audit experience includes:
- 401(k) and 403(b) plans
- Profit-sharing and stock ownership plans
- Defined benefit pension plans
- Health and welfare benefit plans
- Master trust arrangements
- Complex and alternative investments
- Initial and stub period audits
- Form 5500 and Form 990 or 990T Filings
Our professionals perform full-scope audits for plans that file Form 11-K, including those with complex and alternative investment arrangements.
We also ensure plan audits are performed in compliance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) and Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) standards.
- Plan mergers, acquisitions and spin-offs
- Full or partial plan terminations
- Department of Labor and Internal Revenue System (IRS) investigations
Through our ERISA Center of Excellence, we address current developments impacting plans and their respective audits. Visit the ERISA Center of Excellence to stay abreast of emerging trends and requirements.
Employee Benefit Plan Audit Insights
Explore our most recent resources and thought leadership.
No Results Found