Income earned from alternative investments can create business tax liabilities for organizations that would otherwise be tax exempt. BDO can help nonprofits:
- Analyze Schedule K-1s
- Determine taxable income
- Adhere to filing requirements
- Identify and research uncertain tax positions
- Draft the memorandum
- Submit to the existing audit firm
We monitor changes in reporting requirements and work with your organization to advise on the best options for both present and future filings.
Nonprofit organizations may engage in activities that produce revenue considered to be commercial and therefore taxable. Organizations need to proceed with caution with these types of activities that may constitute taxable Unrelated Business Income (UBI).
We help nonprofit organizations:
- Comply with all aspects of UBI laws, IRS guidance and industry standard practices
- Submit accurate and timely filings
- Take a proactive approach to both current and future transactions
Nonprofit Tax Insights
Explore our most recent resources and thought leadership.
No Results Found