Protecting a business starts with understanding a business.
As a business grows, information sharing grows along with it – with vendors, contractors, partners, and customers. And every one of these digital relationships presents a new set of cyber vulnerabilities. The need for security and the way in which it is implemented must be balanced, thoughtfully, against the needs of an organization to operate effectively, and to actively pursue its future goals. While it is impossible to eliminate all risk of a cyber attack, a well-designed program will minimize the negative impact on both short- and long-term business goals.
BDO’s Cybersecurity team is comprised of professionals from a diverse range of backgrounds, including experienced IT, operations, and data privacy consultants, as well as forensic technology, business advisory, and accounting practitioners. We are built to provide comprehensive, customized services for each client, focusing on your specific operating model, technical demands, regulatory environment, and industry dynamics. Whether it’s financial services, healthcare, retail, natural resources, or any other industry – we understand your needs. BDO provides a range of cybersecurity services:
- Cyber Risk Assessment & Security Testing - Assess risks and identify vulnerabilities to digital assets; evaluate potential impact and exposure, prioritizing risks against the costs of protection. Includes assessments, security testing, remediation, and executive-level reporting to guide security investments.
- Cyber Risk Management Strategy & Program Design - Design and implement a comprehensive program aligned with an existing enterprise risk management framework. Includes strategy, organizational structure, governance, policies and procedures, training, and both internal and external communications.
- Data Privacy & Protection - Establish compliance with evolving global data privacy and protection regulations in alignment with an organization’s existing practices. Implement technology and protocols with applicable data privacy policies in accordance with country-specific data protection requirements, leveraging BDO resources in over 150 countries.
- Security Architecture & Transformation - Design and implement a cybersecurity architecture and framework tailored to business needs and the enterprise ecosystem. Encompasses access controls, entitlement, data protection, security monitoring, data privacy, and the selection and implementation of security tools.
- Incident Response Planning - Develop and test comprehensive incident response plans to minimize the impact of a data breach. Considers company processes, as well as roles and responsibilities of individuals throughout the organization.
- Cyber Insurance Claim Preparation & Coverage Adequacy Evaluation - Identify and quantify incurred event response costs for inclusion and submission in an insured entity’s claim. Pre-loss services include measuring estimated response costs related to data breach scenarios to assist in evaluating cyber insurance coverage.
- Business Continuity Planning & Disaster Recovery - Develop and test company-wide business continuity and disaster recovery plans for critical systems, applications, infrastructure, facilities, people, and business processes.
- Digital Forensics & Cyber Investigations - Rapid response to breach incidents, including identification of cause and implementation of remediation measures for affected areas, as well as expert testimony when needed.