– BDO USA, LLP, one of the nation’s leading professional service organizations, today announced an expansion into the St. Louis market through the addition of approximately 100 staff, including 8 partners, from Stone Carlie & Company, LLC. Founded in 1947 by Sidney Stone and Carl Carlie, Stone Carlie provides a full range of accounting and consulting services to a diversified client base with significant strength in the construction, manufacturing & distribution, life sciences, technology, nonprofit, real estate, healthcare and professional services industries. The combination of BDO and Stone Carlie is subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals, and is expected to be completed on June 1, 2015. Stone Carlie was previously a member of the PrimeGlobal accounting association.
The transaction also includes the services currently offered by Stone Carlie Wealth Advisory, LLC, a fee-based registered investment advisory firm serving primarily high-net-worth individuals.
“I want to welcome the partners and staff of Stone Carlie to BDO USA. This transaction is a major addition to BDO and expands our geographic coverage of the Midwest. With Stone Carlie, we are gaining a leading accounting practice with a long history of serving growing entrepreneurial businesses in St. Louis," said Wayne Berson, CEO of BDO USA. “Combined with other additions, BDO has expanded into 16 new cities and added to our critical mass in 10 existing markets over the past three years, this is further evidence that quality professionals are drawn to BDO as we continue to elevate our presence in the marketplace.”
"For more than 65 years, we have provided exceptional client service to closely-held entrepreneurial businesses and leading middle market companies in the greater St. Louis metropolitan region. By combining with BDO, we intend to build on that tradition. Our growing clients will still receive the local, hands-on service they value from the same trusted professionals, but will now have access to a wider array of services, broad industry experience, SEC representation and the resources of BDO’s extensive global network," said Jeffrey Ward, Managing Member of Stone Carlie. "BDO has a very similar culture to our own and the firm’s reputation as a favorable workplace also fits well with our focus on our people, who will now have access to many more opportunities to pursue career growth.”
Jeffrey Ward, who has more than 25 years of professional experience and was named managing member of Stone Carlie in 2009, will serve as the assurance managing partner for the St. Louis practice of BDO USA. Richard Kraner, who has more than 30 years of experience in public accounting, will serve as the tax managing partner for the St. Louis practice.
Going forward, BDO will maintain Stone Carlie's recently expanded office location (contact information below):
BDO USA, LLP
101 South Hanley Road, Suite 800
St. Louis, MO 63105
About BDO USA
- BDO represents companies ranging from closely-held private businesses to leading non-profits to Fortune 500 multinationals.
- BDO USA has industry practices specialized in serving businesses in the construction, energy, financial institutions, asset management, government contracting, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, nonprofit, private equity, real estate, restaurant, retail and technology sectors.
- For two consecutive years (2013-2014), BDO USA has gained more SEC audit clients than any other accounting firm (source - Audit Analytics).
- BDO has been named a Best Company by Working Mother Magazine for four consecutive years and been recognized with the When Work Works Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility for six consecutive years.
- BDO has 59 offices and more than 400 independent alliance firm locations around the country.
- BDO USA has been serving clients for more than 100 years since its founding in 1910 (as Seidman & Seidman).
- As an independent member of BDO International Limited (the fifth largest global network of accounting firms), the firm can leverage the resources of more than 1,300 member firm offices in 152 countries around the world.
BDO is the brand name for BDO USA, LLP, a U.S. professional services firm providing assurance, tax, financial advisory and consulting services to a wide range of publicly traded and privately held companies. For more than 100 years, BDO has provided quality service through the active involvement of experienced and committed professionals. The firm serves clients through 59 offices and more than 400 independent alliance firm locations nationwide. As an independent Member Firm of BDO International Limited, BDO serves multi-national clients through a global network of 1,328 offices in 151 countries.
BDO USA, LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership, is the U.S. member of BDO International Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, and forms part of the international BDO network of independent member firms. BDO is the brand name for the BDO network and for each of the BDO Member Firms. For more information please visit: www.bdo.com