Staying ahead of the changes in tax compliance and reporting can be challenging. Each year, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) releases its “Priority Guidance Plan” and “Work Plan”, outlining the guidance items and projects that will receive significant attention and resources. For FY 2017, the IRS continues its focus on certain compliance matters and has identified specific areas for potential examinations and audits, including employment taxes, investments, and UBIT issues. These “priorities” are in addition to new rulings, state activities, and legislative proposals.
Please join us to understand and discuss these latest developments. After this session participants should be able to:
- Identify the latest IRS initiatives and areas of audit focus;
- Cite the latest issues of state taxation; and
- Review potential legislative activity in the nonprofit arena.
Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Identify the latest IRS initiatives and audit focus.
- Discuss the latest issues of state taxation.
- Discuss potential legislative activity in the NFP arena.
Delivery: Group Live
Advanced Prep: None
Credits: 2 CPE credits in the field of Tax
Program Level: Update
BDO USA, LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org