BDO USA, LLP invites you and your colleagues to a complimentary program. This event highlights timely updates and provides key takeaways on tax, accounting and financial topics relevant to both public and private companies. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to ask meaningful questions of our subject matter leaders and join in discussions specific to your business and operational challenges.
We will conclude our program with a networking reception. This is an exclusive opportunity to connect with all attendees, including C-level executives, BDO professionals and esteemed presenters.
We look forward to seeing you in June!
11:30 AM to 12:00 PM - Registration
12:00 PM to 12:50 PM - Economic Update
John Shin, G10 FX Strategist
Justin Calvert, Director, Strategic Risk Management Solutions
12:50 PM to 1:00 PM - BREAK
1:00 PM to 2:20 PM - Tax Update
Kevin Anderson, BDO
Monika Loving, BDO
2:20 PM to 3:20 PM - US GAAP Update
Adam Brown, BDO
3:20 PM to 3:30 PM - BREAK
3:30 PM to 4:30 PM - M&A Panel
Moderator: Andre Robledo, BDO
4:30 PM to 5:30 PM - Networking Reception
1.0 Specialized Knowledge
Event Learning Objectives:
- Identify 2017 tax developments emphasizing practical solutions to problems and tax planning opportunities.
- Describe the current state of the market, recent trends, and outlook.
- Understand how prospective buyers (and sellers) are valuing enterprises and the role of leverage in transaction.
- Learn the key elements or factors prospective buyers look for (positive and negative) to drive valuation and what sellers can do to help turn negatives into positives.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the recent changes in the FASB standards.
- Recognize the major developments in federal income taxation for individuals, corporations, and other businesses.
- Discuss the impact of the Trump administration on the tax environment.
- Review corporate tax reform behavior and the impact on foreign exchange and interest rate markets.
- Discuss risk management considerations and planning for tax reform.
Delivery: Group Live
Advanced Prep: None
Credits: 4.5 CPE credits
Program Level: Update
BDO USA, LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org