1:30 PM to 5:00 PM - CPE Program
From Local to Global: A Comprehensive Tax Update
Panel: Accounting for Complex Mergers and Acquisitions
5:00 PM to 6:30 PM - Networking Reception
Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the recent changes in the FASB standards
- Recognize the major developments in federal income taxation for individuals, corporations, and other businesses
- Discuss concerning 2016 tax developments emphasizing practical solutions to problems and tax planning opportunities
- Compare and contrast BEPS and Debt Equities proposed legislation
- Review major state tax trends that are impacting the taxation of multistate and multinational businesses from a corporate income/franchise tax, as well as a sales, use, and other transactions tax perspective.
- Describe M&A transactions and complex issues, including accounting and financial reporting for common control transactions.
- Identify and understand the potential issues complex transactions have on GAAP.
- Explore accounting for acquisitions and impairment
- Describe the most common pitfalls or issues experienced by buyers and sellers in completing an M&A transaction, and how these accounting and tax issues may be planned for, mitigated or overcome during the deal process.
Delivery: Group Live
Advanced Prep: None
Credits: 3 CPE credits
Program Level: Update
BDO USA, LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org