Effective Audit Committees for Nonprofit Organizations: Archived Webinar & Podcast Now Available
As nonprofit organizations adjust to changing giving practices and to the realities of a challenging economic and regulatory environment, proper financial management is essential. Effective audit committees are vital to the health of any nonprofit, be it large or small, and are crucial partners in the safeguarding of integrity, mission, and ultimately success.
Dick Larkin and Tammy Ricciardella from BDO’s Institute for Nonprofit ExcellenceSM recently presented the webinar, “Effective Audit Committees for Nonprofit Organizations.” To access their on-demand webinar presentation and live event podcast, click HERE
During this archived webinar, presenters will provide the necessary information that will allow you to discuss and understand the WHYs, WHOs, WHATs, WHENs and HOWs involved with an effective nonprofit audit committee. Other related topics include:
- Discussing why audit committees are so important to an organization’s overall governance
- Determining factors to consider when selecting audit committee members
- Defining what an audit committee’s basic mission should be and what the responsibilities are in various oversight areas
- Discussing when audit committees should meet with management, internal auditors and external independent auditors and what should be addressed in these meetings
- Recognizing how to govern an effective audit committee and ensure that the maximum benefits are being obtained from its members
In addition to the on-demand webinar and podcast, access top questions asked by webinar guests and answered by Dick Larkin and Tammy Ricciardella HERE
. You may also want to visit and bookmark our microsite, Effective Audit Committees for Nonprofit Organizations,
for future reference.
The webinar and podcast recordings are complimentary and are intended for our valued blog readers, clients and contacts serving the nonprofit community. CPE credit is not available for these recordings at this time.