Tax Southeast Regional Managing Partner
Karen leads the Tax practice for BDO's Southeast region. She is also a member of the firm’s board of directors.
During her more than 25-year career in public accounting, she has served clients in multiple industries with a focus on tax consulting and the reporting needs of real estate, manufacturing, retail and consumer products and healthcare companies. Karen has extensive experience in all areas of taxation for entities ranging from closely held to large publicly traded companies, portfolio companies of private equity firms, as well as high-wealth individuals. She regularly assists her clients in an array of tax specialty areas, including merger and acquisition issues and opportunities. Karen also manages federal and state tax examinations and settlement of tax controversy matters for her clients.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts
- M.B.A., B.S., Accounting, Louisiana Tech University
- Association for Corporate Growth—Tennessee Chapter
- Charlotte Regional Partnership - Treasurer