Industry 4.0 Middle Market Planning Checklist
ASSESS YOUR INDUSTRY 4.0 MATURITY
DEFINE YOUR VISION
- Where is my organization on the continuum of Industry 4.0 maturity?
- Where are there gaps in my organization’s evolution to the next level?
- What are my customers’ and/or employees’ biggest needs?
FIGURE OUT FINANCING
- What do I want my organization to look like five years from now?
- Based on where my organization is today, where do I see the biggest opportunity to create value?
- How can I enable a competitive advantage for my customers?
SET UP YOUR PILOT
- How much do I want to spend?
- How will I fund this initiative?
- What additional resources or investments does this initiative require?
MAP CROSS-FUNCTIONAL PROCESSES
- What pilots offer the most reward with the least risk?
- What are the anticipated benefits?
- What KPIs will I use to quantify success?
- How do I track and report on progress and at what cadence?
ENGAGE EXTERNAL STAKEHOLDERS
- What are the adjacent functional areas potentially impacted by this initiative?
- What are the process flows that may need to be changed or updated?
- How might this initiative impact my suppliers or customers?
PREPARE YOUR PEOPLE
- What’s the best way to engage my external stakeholders and value chain partners?
- Do I have access to the third-party information I need?
- Where do I need to shore up new third-party security vulnerabilities?
- How can I rally the entire organization behind this initiative?
- How do I communicate change to the organization?
- What training do my employees need?
UP NEXT: ACCELERATING INDUSTRY 4.0 ADOPTION WITH QiO TECHNOLOGIES ►
RETURN TO: THE MIDDLE MARKET MANUFACTURER'S ROADMAP TO INDUSTRY 4.0 ►