Federal Tax Update – and what retailers need to know
Please join BDO USA, LLP for a complimentary CPE-qualified breakfast briefing that will focus on new and revised federal tax rules impacting retailers. Our presenters will share best practices for compliance and will work through case studies to demonstrate the implications of these changes on companies like yours.
This interactive roundtable will discuss:
- Retail industry key provisions and effective dates from the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act of 2015.
- The background and objectives of Revenue Procedure 2015-56, including the types of retail remodel-refresh projects that qualify for safe harbor.
- Various updates to other retail issues such as gift cards, tangible property regulations, loyalty programs, R&D credit, DPAD, and tenant improvement allowances.
Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Describe the key provisions of the PATH Act that affect the retail industry
- Explain the qualifications for retailers to be eligible for the safe harbor
- Describe the types of remodel-refresh projects that will qualify for the safe harbor
Delivery: Group Live
Advanced Prep: None
Credits: 2.0 CPE credits in the field of Tax
Program Level: Update
BDO USA, LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org