Join fellow accounting and tax professionals in learning how a data breach can impact your company’s bottom line and how to assess your information governance maturity, ask our expert M&A panel about their personal inside experience pre and post-merger, and obtain your coveted 2 hour professional ethics credits. This seminar highlights timely mid-year updates and provides key takeaways on hot topics relevant to both public and private companies.
Specific topics to be covered include:
- Financial Impact of a Data Breach
- M&A Pre and Post Merger Expert Panel
- NCACPA Professional Ethics and Conduct
1.0 CPE credit in the field of Business Management & Organization
1.0 CPE credit in the field of Accounting
2.0 CPE credits in the field of Ethics
Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Identify how a data breach can negatively impact their bottom line and how to prevent it.
- Provide information of topics of interest. We will have an expert panel with executives from top local firms. Attendees can get information/clarification on any topics they may have questions about.
- Conduct North Carolina ethics and compliance training provided by NCACPA.
Delivery: Group Live
Advanced Prep: None
Credits: 4 total CPE credits available
Program Level: Update
BDO USA, LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org
Cal Christian, NCACPA Ethics Instructor
Karen Schuler, National Leader, Information Governance and Incident Response Planning, BDO USA, LLP
Brett Ellis, CFO, STEAG SCR-Tech Inc, formerly CoaLogix
Jeff Hay, Managing Partner, Womble
Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
Duke Prestridge, CIO, CommunityOne Bank
Tom Zajkowski, Vice President & Treasurer, INC Research