Registration for this event is now closed. Please contact Alicia Nevin at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
BDO USA, LLP invites you and your colleagues to a complimentary CPE-qualified program. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to hear from our accounting and tax leaders. Join fellow accounting and tax professionals in learning ways to help maximize tax savings and effectively manage financial reporting. This seminar highlights timely mid-year updates and provides key takeaways on hot topics relevant to both public and private companies.
Specific topics to be covered include:
- Cybersecurity: What Should Companies Be Doing To Prepare
- Nonprofit: Overall Technical Update
- Professionals Standards and Responsibilities
- Company Prepared Valuations
- The US Economy and Financial Markets in 2016
1.5 credits in Accounting
1.5 credits in Economics
1.5 credits in Management Advisory Services
3 credits in Ethics
Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Review planned changes in accounting and reporting grants
- Discuss challenges and pitfalls in tracking and accounting across various grants and programs
- Obtain best practices to help you be more successful in pursuing and managing your organization's grants
- Explaining the affects of a slow growth economy
- Depicting how a slow growth relates to globaization
- Reviewing areas have been affected by the economy
- Learn methods for identifying cyber risk and vulnerabilities, as well as remediation measures.
- Gain insights into optimizing cybersecurity strategies, making sure limited resources are deployed in the right areas to mitigate risk.
- Understand components of a cybersecurity risk management program, including an organization's governance and operating model.
Delivery: Group Live
Advanced Prep: None
Credits: 7.5 total CPE credits
Program Level: Basic
BDO USA, LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org