Laurie De Armond
Assurance Office Managing Partner; Institute for Nonprofit Excellence Executive Director
Laurie is the Office Managing Partner for assurance services in the Greater Washington, D.C. market. She is also the Executive Director of BDO’s Institute for Nonprofit Excellence.
Laurie has more than 25 years of experience in public accounting. She is responsible for operations of the local audit practice, which serves clients across several industry segments including Technology, Life Sciences, Real Estate, Government Contractors, Healthcare and Nonprofit organizations. She is responsible for overseeing the growth and people strategies for the office with a particular focus on audit quality.
Laurie is a regular speaker at internal and external seminars on topics including accounting practices and internal controls, mergers and acquisitions, governance issues, leadership development, and diversity and inclusion.
Laurie was awarded one of the 2013 Women to Watch Awards by the Greater Washington Society of CPAs for her contributions to the profession. She is a member of the firm’s Inclusion - Women National Strategy Team.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Greater Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants (GWSCPA)
- B.S., Accounting, University of Maryland at College Park
- AICPA Nonprofit Conference Planning Committee (2017-2020)
- America’s Charities – Board of Trustees Member, Treasurer
- GWSCPA Women’s Leadership Council
- University of Maryland Alumni Association, Board Member, Finance Committee Chair