Partner; National Real Estate & Construction Practice Co-Leader
Ian Shapiro is a partner in BDO’s Miami office with experience providing Assurance services to both publicly-traded and privately-held companies. Ian serves as a co-leader of the firm’s Real Estate and Construction industry practice and also provides services to clients in a variety of industries, including hospitality, professional services, and manufacturing and distribution.
He assists companies with accounting and disclosure requirements, has extensive experience working with Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) rules and regulations, and has been heavily involved with mergers and acquisitions, consolidations, and a variety of public and private financing transactions.
Ian is an instructor at national and local continuing professional education seminars.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Construction Financial Management Association, Director
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- B.B.A., Accounting, Florida Atlantic University
- B.S., Economics and Social Science, Florida State University
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Miami Jewish Federation