CPA, CFE, CFF
Anthony Lendez has more than 35 years of experience assisting clients with securities litigation, accountants’ professional liability, corporate investigations, independent monitoring, and white collar criminal defense matters involving accounting, auditing, and compliance issues. He has testified before the International Court of Arbitration, American Arbitration Association, U.S. district courts and the Ontario Superior Court of Justice. He also has served as a neutral arbitrator and has presented findings to a number of regulators, including the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), state attorneys general, and corporate committees. Prior to joining the Litigation & Disputes practice, he was a partner in BDO’s National Assurance department, a technical manager for the SEC Practice Section of the AICPA, and an audit manager at a big four accounting firm.
Anthony is the lead partner assisting the monitor of the $25 billion national mortgage settlement, overseeing implementation of the new mortgage servicing standards and the provision of mortgage loan modification relief to distressed homeowners by the nation’s largest banks. He was also the lead partner assisting the monitors overseeing the residential mortgage-backed securities settlements for the nation’s largest financial institutions and Flagstar Bank CFPB settlement. In addition, he is lead partner of the BDO team monitoring Western Union’s compliance with anti-money laundering settlement. Anthony has also led independent examinations of the Gulf Coast Claims Facility under the direction of the DOJ and AOL-Time Warner’s revenue recognition practices pursuant to an SEC settlement. He has led other high-profile investigations involving accounting and financial reporting issues, including investigations of New Century Financial Corporation, Enron Corporation, Countrywide Financial Corporation, Fannie Mae, and Cendant Corporation.
- American Bar Association, Associate Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- B.S., Accounting, Long Island University - C.W. Post Center, summa cum laude
- Center for Audit Quality – Auditing and Accounting Panel Member – OECD, Phase 3 Evaluation on the U.S.’ Operating Effectiveness of Compliance with the Anti-Bribery Convention
- Center for Audit Quality – Fraud Scenarios Working Group, Member