Chicago, IL –
BDO USA, LLP, one of the nation’s leading accounting and consulting firms, today announced an expansion of its South Florida practice through the addition of just over 100 staff, including 14 partners, from Goldstein Schechter Koch (GSK). Founded in 1949, GSK provides a full range of accounting, tax and wealth advisory services to a client base of public and private middle market businesses, nonprofits and high net worth individuals. The firm, which has offices in Coral Gables and Fort Lauderdale, has significant strength in the nonprofit, pension plan, real estate, restaurant, distribution, and insurance industries. GSK has been a member of BDO Alliance USA since 2004. Combined with BDO's existing offices in Lakeland, Miami, Orlando, Tampa, West Palm Beach and Winter Haven, BDO will have more than 300 professionals serving Florida clients. The combination of BDO and GSK is subject to customary closing conditions and is expected to be completed prior to the conclusion of Q3.
The transaction also includes the services currently offered by GSK Wealth Advisors, a fee-based registered investment advisory firm that provides clients with customized portfolio management solutions and tax sensitive investment strategies.
“I want to welcome the GSK partners and staff to BDO. This combination greatly increases our critical mass in the important South Florida market and adds significant resources to our growing wealth advisory practice," said Wayne Berson, CEO of BDO USA. “Through our previous Alliance relationship, we have a history of collaboration on client work and business development with our new partners and staff. This familiarity will be extremely valuable as we integrate the GSK practice with BDO.”
“As members of the BDO Alliance USA, we have enjoyed working alongside BDO partners and staff for many years. BDO has a very compatible service philosophy that will make our transition into the firm as seamless as possible,” said Sanford B. Horwitz, CEO of GSK.
“We've established a long history of creating strong relationships with emerging businesses and entrepreneurial individuals. By combining with BDO we will build on that tradition by bringing our clients a wider array of solutions, broader industry experience, and the full coverage of BDO's global network. BDO has a very similar culture to our own and the firm’s reputation as a favorable workplace also fits well with our focus on our people, who will now have access to many more opportunities to pursue career growth,” said Vince Carrodeguas, COO of GSK.
Upon completion of the transaction, all GSK professionals will continue to serve their loyal clientele with the added resources of BDO. South Florida is an international community and BDO brings extensive global resources.
BDO will maintain all of the current BDO and GSK office locations in South Florida (contact information below).
|BDO USA, LLP
1111 Brickell Avenue
Suite 2801 Sabadell Financial Center
Miami, FL 33131
|BDO USA, LLP
1601 Forum Place
9th Floor, Centurion Plaza
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
2121 Ponce De Leon Boulevard
Coral Gables, FL 33134
515 East Las Olas Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Like BDO USA, GSK has been recognized by numerous business and industry publications for its workplace accomplishments. The firm is very involved in the community and maintains a philanthropic fund, GSK Cares, that supports charitable groups in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties.
- BDO USA has more than 300 staff serving Florida businesses from offices in Coral Gables, Fort Lauderdale, Lakeland, Miami, Orlando, Tampa, West Palm Beach and Winter Haven.
About BDO USA
- Over the past four years, BDO has expanded rapidly, entering 23 new cities and adding critical mass in 12 existing markets.
- BDO represents companies ranging from closely-held private businesses to leading non-profits to Fortune 500 multinationals.
- BDO USA has industry practices specialized in serving businesses in the construction, energy, financial institutions, asset management, government contracting, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, nonprofit, private equity, real estate, restaurant, retail and technology sectors.
- For three consecutive years (2013-2015), BDO USA has gained more SEC audit clients than any other accounting firm (source - Audit Analytics).
- BDO has been named a Best Company by Working Mother Magazine for five consecutive years and been recognized with the When Work Works Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility for six consecutive years.
- BDO has more than 60 offices and more than 400 independent alliance firm locations around the country.
- BDO USA has been serving clients for more than 100 years since its founding in 1910 (as Seidman & Seidman).
- As an independent member of BDO International Limited, the firm can leverage the resources of more than 1,300 member firm offices in over 150 countries around the world. BDO was named the 2015 Network of the Year by International Accounting Bulletin.
BDO is the brand name for BDO USA, LLP, a U.S. professional services firm providing assurance, tax, financial advisory and consulting services to a wide range of publicly traded and privately held companies. For more than 100 years, BDO has provided quality service through the active involvement of experienced and committed professionals. The firm serves clients through more than 60 offices and more than 400 independent alliance firm locations nationwide. As an independent Member Firm of BDO International Limited, BDO serves multi-national clients through a global network of more than 1,300 offices in over 150 countries.
BDO USA, LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership, is the U.S. member of BDO International Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, and forms part of the international BDO network of independent member firms. BDO is the brand name for the BDO network and for each of the BDO Member Firms. For more information, please visit: www.bdo.com