Chicago, IL –
BDO USA, LLP, one of the nation’s leading accounting and consulting firms, today announced an expansion in Virginia through the addition of 80 staff, including 14 partners, from McPhillips, Roberts & Deans, PLC (MRD) in Norfolk - a firm ranked as a Best of the Best
firm by Inside Public Accounting
for five consecutive years. Founded in 1972, MRD provides a full range of accounting, tax and retirement plan services to a client base of privately-held middle market businesses in the Hampton Roads region. The practice has significant strength in healthcare, government and construction contractors, real estate, auto dealerships and nonprofits. MRD has been a member of the BDO Alliance USA since 2010. Combined with BDO's existing offices in McLean and Richmond, BDO will have more than 400 professionals serving Virginia clients. The combination of BDO and MRD is subject to customary closing conditions and is expected to be completed on November 1, 2016.
“I want to welcome the partners and staff formerly with McPhillips, Roberts & Deans to BDO. This combination provides us with a strong presence in the Hampton Roads region, stretching our geographic footprint to southeastern Virginia, and MRD’s experience in the healthcare, real estate, nonprofit and government contracting sectors melds nicely with our existing industry strengths " said Wayne Berson, CEO of BDO USA. “Through our previous Alliance relationship, we have a history of collaboration on client work and business development with our new partners and staff. This familiarity will be extremely valuable as we integrate the MRD practice with BDO.”
“We have a long history of strong relationships with emerging businesses and entrepreneurial individuals in the Hampton Roads community. By combining with BDO we will build on that tradition. Clients will still receive the same close personal attention they have come to expect from our team, but now they will have access to a wider array of solutions, broader industry experience, and the full coverage of BDO's global network,” said Edward Amorosso, CEO of MRD. “As members of the BDO Alliance USA, we have enjoyed working alongside BDO partners and staff for many years. BDO has a very compatible service philosophy and similar culture that will make our transition into the firm seamless. BDO also has a well-earned reputation as a favorable workplace and our people will now have access to more training and many more opportunities to pursue career growth.”
Upon completion of the transaction, Ed Amorosso will serve as the managing partner for BDO’s Norfolk practice and all MRD professionals will continue to serve their loyal clientele with the added resources of BDO. BDO will maintain the current MRD office location in Norfolk (See information below).
BDO USA, LLP
Town Point Center
150 Boush Street, Suite 1100
Norfolk, Virginia 23510
About BDO USA
- BDO USA has more than 400 staff serving Virginia businesses from offices in McLean, Norfolk and Richmond.
- Over the past four years, BDO has expanded rapidly, entering 24 new cities and adding critical mass in 12 existing markets.
- BDO represents companies ranging from closely-held private businesses to leading non-profits to Fortune 500 multinationals.
- BDO USA has industry practices specialized in serving businesses in the construction, energy, financial institutions, asset management, government contracting, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, nonprofit, private equity, real estate, restaurant, retail and technology sectors.
- For three consecutive years (2013-2015), BDO USA has gained more SEC audit clients than any other accounting firm (source - Audit Analytics).
- BDO has been named a Best Company by Working Mother Magazine for six consecutive years and been recognized with the When Work Works Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility for seven consecutive years.
- BDO has more than 60 offices and more than 400 independent alliance firm locations around the country.
- BDO USA has been serving clients for more than 100 years since its founding in 1910 (as Seidman & Seidman).
- As an independent member of BDO International Limited, the firm can leverage the resources of more than 1,300-member firm offices in over 150 countries around the world. BDO was named the 2015 Network of the Year by International Accounting Bulletin.
BDO is the brand name for BDO USA, LLP, a U.S. professional services firm providing assurance, tax, financial advisory and consulting services to a wide range of publicly traded and privately held companies. For more than 100 years, BDO has provided quality service through the active involvement of experienced and committed professionals. The firm serves clients through more than 60 offices and more than 400 independent alliance firm locations nationwide. As an independent Member Firm of BDO International Limited, BDO serves multi-national clients through a global network of more than 1,300 offices in over 150 countries.
BDO USA, LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership, is the U.S. member of BDO International Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, and forms part of the international BDO network of independent member firms. BDO is the brand name for the BDO network and for each of the BDO Member Firms. For more information, please visit: www.bdo.com