Chicago, IL –
BDO USA, LLP, one of the nation’s leading professional service organizations, today announced it has entered into an agreement to expand its metro New York practice through the addition of 38 staff, including 6 partners, from Charles A. Barragato & Company, LLP (CAB). Founded in 1998, CAB has offices in New York City and on Long Island. The firm has been a member of the BDO Alliance USA since 2009. It has a diversified client base with significant strength in high net-worth individuals, family offices, entertainers, healthcare providers and real estate investors and developers. The combination of BDO and CAB is subject to customary closing conditions and is expected to be completed on July 1, 2016.
“I look forward to welcoming all of the partners and staff formerly with CAB to BDO. This is an important addition, as it provides greater critical mass in the important New York metropolitan market, while also increasing our representation of clientele in the high net-worth and family office space. Combined with other additions around the country, BDO has expanded into 21 new cities and added to our critical mass in 13 existing markets over the past four years,” said Wayne Berson, CEO of BDO USA. “Through our Alliance relationship, we have a history of collaboration on client work and business development with our new partners and staff. This existing relationship will be extremely valuable as we integrate the CAB practice with BDO.”
“For almost two decades we have been very successful in growing our practice and building one of the leading firms serving high net-worth individuals, family offices and healthcare businesses in the New York metropolitan area. In joining BDO, we intend to amplify that growth even further as part of their private client services and healthcare teams. Our clients will continue to receive the close attention they have come to expect, while gaining access to a wider array of services, extensive industry experience and the resources of BDO’s extensive global network,” said Chuck Barragato, Managing Partner of CAB. “As a member of the BDO Alliance USA, our people already have a positive experience working with BDO partners and staff. As part of a national firm, our employees will now have access to many more opportunities to pursue career growth.”
Chuck Barragato, who has more than 35 years of experience in public accounting, will succeed Randy Schwartzman as the Office Managing Partner for BDO USA’s Long Island tax practice. This will allow Randy to focus his energies on his role as Regional Managing Partner for the Northeast Region tax practice, as well as serving his Long Island based clients. Chuck will also take on a leadership role in developing the Private Client Services practice in the Northeast region. Current BDO Partner, John Kyriakides, will continue to serve as the Office Managing Partner for the Long Island assurance practice.
Going forward, BDO plans to consolidate its CAB personnel into its existing New York metropolitan offices. In the interim, the firms will maintain the following existing locations (current contact information below):
BDO USA, LLP Charles A. Barragato & Company, LLP
100 Park Avenue 950 Third Avenue, 20th
New York, NY 10017 New York, NY 10022
Phone: 212-885-8000 Phone: 212-371-4446
BDO USA, LLP Charles A. Barragato & Company, LLP
135 West 50th
Floor 700 Veterans Memorial Highway
New York, NY 10020 Hauppauge, NY 11788
Phone: 212-885-8000 Phone: 631-724-7900
BDO USA, LLP
401 Broadhollow Road, Ste. 201
Melville, NY 11747
About BDO USA
- Over the past three years, BDO has expanded rapidly, entering 21 new cities and adding critical mass in 13 existing markets.
- BDO represents companies ranging from closely-held private businesses to leading non-profits to Fortune 500 multinationals.
- BDO USA has industry practices specialized in serving businesses in the construction, energy, financial institutions, asset management, government contracting, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, nonprofit, private equity, real estate, restaurant, retail and technology sectors.
- For three consecutive years (2013-2015), BDO USA has gained more SEC audit clients than any other accounting firm (source - Audit Analytics).
- BDO has been named a Best Company by Working Mother Magazine for five consecutive years and been recognized with the When Work Works Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility for six consecutive years.
- BDO has 64 offices and more than 400 independent alliance firm locations around the country.
- BDO USA has been serving clients for more than 100 years since its founding in 1910 (as Seidman & Seidman).
- As an independent member of BDO International Limited, the firm can leverage the resources of more than 1,300 member firm offices in over 150 countries around the world. BDO was named the 2015 Network of the Year by International Accounting Bulletin.
BDO is the brand name for BDO USA, LLP, a U.S. professional services firm providing assurance, tax, financial advisory and consulting services to a wide range of publicly traded and privately held companies. For more than 100 years, BDO has provided quality service through the active involvement of experienced and committed professionals. The firm serves clients through more than 60 offices and more than 400 independent alliance firm locations nationwide. As an independent Member Firm of BDO International Limited, BDO serves multi-national clients through a global network of more than 1,300 offices in over 150 countries.
BDO USA, LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership, is the U.S. member of BDO International Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, and forms part of the international BDO network of independent member firms. BDO is the brand name for the BDO network and for each of the BDO Member Firms. For more information, please visit: www.bdo.com