National Director, Nonprofit Tax Services
CPA, JD, LLM
Marc has more than 25 years of experience in both public and private tax practice including large accounting firms, complex healthcare organizations, the United States Tax Court, and practicing law. He has advised a diverse group of organizations that include hospitals and healthcare organizations, colleges and universities, charities and foundations, and other tax-exempt organizations.
Marc’s background in the nonprofit tax area includes applications for exemption, protection of tax-exempt status, private inurement and excess benefit transactions, unrelated business income and allocation of expenses, joint ventures with for-profit entities, mergers and acquisitions, tax-exempt bond compliance, alternative investments, compensation arrangements, IRS and State audits, State and local tax exemptions, and Forms 990 and 990-T compliance.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- District of Columbia Bar
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
- LL.M., Taxation, University of Florida
- J.D., Nova Southeastern University
- B.A., University of South Florida