BDO Knows Healthcare Summer 2015 Newsletter
How are healthcare providers adapting to the evolving behavioral health landscape and an overall shift to community-based models and value-based care? Find out this and more in the latest BDO Knows Healthcare newsletter
from The BDO Center for Healthcare Excellence & Innovation. In this edition, our leading clinical and business advisory professionals explore the impact of broad healthcare issues on specific aspects of the business of care delivery.
- Dr. William Bithoney explains how recent regulatory and reimbursement changes are creating investment opportunities in behavioral health.
- Patrick Pilch describes how the healthcare workforce will need to shift in support of new community-based models and DSRIP programs.
- Geoffrey Kaiser, Esq., of Rivkin Radler, explores the rise of quality data as a reimbursement benchmark in the first article in a three-part series on evolving payment models.
- Patrick Pilch and Rachel Laureno describe the rise of outpatient and ambulatory care as a way to drive down facility costs while increasing patient volume.
- Venson Wallin and Dr. David Friend discuss how performance-based models may mean the end of maximizing the quantity of daily patient visits – and a shift to greater focus on quality.
- A PErspective in Healthcare feature examines the current role of private equity in healthcare and why healthcare property investors such as REITs are eyeing the senior housing sector.
View or download the full newsletter here
As always, we welcome your feedback. Contact us
for more information, or please feel free to reach out directly to the authors with any questions or comments.