Managing Director; Excise Tax Practice National Leader
MST, JD, CPA
Steve Skiba has more than 30 years of experience in state and local taxation, including 23 years in public accounting. His extensive experience includes a variety of industries - including construction, utilities, manufacturing, and technology - related to sales & use tax and motor fuel taxation. He has extensive experience with multistate state and local tax controversy and audits, mergers and acquisitions, aircraft transactions, refund recovery and utility reviews, multistate compliance, tax matrixes, tax manuals, training, nexus studies, due diligence reviews and providing sales and use tax technical research assistance.
Steve has served as speaker on multistate sales and use tax topics for a variety of organizations including the Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA) and the Michigan Tax Conference, the Ohio Tax Conference, Walsh College Tax Symposium, Walsh College, Tax Adjunct Assistant Professor and the Institute for Professionals in Taxation (IPT).
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Michigan Association of Certificated Public Accountants
- Michigan Chamber of Commerce Tax Policy Committee
- State Bar of Michigan, including Taxation Section
- M.S.T., Walsh College
- J.D., Wayne State University
- B.S., Accounting, Wayne State University
- Macomb County Rotation Emergency Shelter Team (MCREST)
- United Way