National Practice Leader – Third-Party Attestation
CPA, CISA, CISSP, CCSFP
Rick Scarfino leads BDO’s Third-Party Attestation (TPA) practice in the firm’s central region, which includes SOC, HITRUST, WebTrust for CA, ISO 27001 and Cybersecurity attestation services. Rick is responsible for supporting the national practice leader in managing and growing the TPA practice.
Rick possesses more than 18 years of auditing and advisory experience serving in the areas of technology, healthcare, financial tech, financial institutions, and business process outsourcing. He has served Fortune 500 companies and large privately-held companies with complex information technology (IT) infrastructure, control environments, and reporting requirements. He also advises many companies preparing for a TPA engagement.
Rick has earned several industry-related certifications, presented and published articles on emerging industry topics, and has been recognized as a leader in the TPA industry.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Missouri Venture Forum
- Health Care Administrators Association
- HITRUST Alliance
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association
- International Information System Security Certification Consortium
- B.S., Business Administration majoring in Accounting, Finance, and Management Information Systems, Saint Louis University
- John Cook School of Business at Saint Louis University
- Boy Scouts of America