Mark Ellenbogen is a principal with more than 25 years of Audit experience, working with clients in a number of industries including biotechnology, telecommunications, media, manufacturing, non-profit, education, publishing, software and technology, and professional services.
Mark consults with clients on a variety of accounting and operational issues, including mergers and acquisitions. He has extensive experience with due diligence, opening balance sheet audits and purchase price allocations. Mark has also conducted training for both financial and non-financial audiences on a variety of audit and accounting issues.
He acts as the liaison between the BDO Greater Washington, D.C. audit practice and many local business associations and chambers of commerce. Mark previously served as the Assistant Regional Technical Director for the firm’s Mid-Atlantic region. Mark is a member of the firms Board of Directors, and he leads the firms Government & Public Sector Practice.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Greater Washington Society of CPAs
- Northern Virginia Technology Council
- Postgraduate Diploma, Accounting, University of Cape Town
- B.B.S., University of Cape Town (Honors)
- Northern Virginia Technology Council, Board member
- First Tee of Greater Washington DC, Board member
- Light the Night, Executive Committee member