Assurance Atlantic Regional Managing Partner
Mark Ellenbogen is the assurance regional managing partner of the Atlantic region. He is also the lead of BDO's Public Sector practice. He has more than 20 years of experience in public accounting. Mark is responsible for the local audit practice, which includes the Software & Technology, Government Contracting, and Private Equity practices. He is responsible for the formulation and implementation of growth strategies for each of these practice groups. He has also worked extensively with clients in a number of other industries, including biotechnology, telecommunications, media, manufacturing, education, publishing, and professional services.
Mark consults with clients on a variety of accounting and operational issues, including mergers and acquisitions. He has extensive experience with due diligence, opening balance sheet audits and purchase price allocations. He has also conducted training for both financial and non-financial audiences on a variety of audit and accounting issues.
Mark acts as the liaison between the BDO Greater Washington, D.C. audit practice and many local business associations and chambers of commerce. He previously served as the Assistant Regional Technical Director for the firm’s Mid-Atlantic region. Mark is also the engagement partner on the Federal Employee Program of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Association for Corporate Growth National Capital Chapter
- Greater Washington Society of CPAs
- Mid-Atlantic Venture Association
- Tech Council of Maryland, Board Member and Financial Executives Forum Steering Committee Member
- Postgraduate Diploma, Accounting, University of Cape Town
- B.B.S., University of Cape Town (Honors)
- Junior Achievement, Board Member
- Social Services agency in Montgomery County, Treasurer and Audit Committee Chair