Tax Market Managing Partner and Practice Leader
Katie Ferris is the Market Managing Partner for BDO’s Midwest tax practice. In this role, Katie is responsible for leading the tax practice in the Midwest in all areas including setting strategic direction as well as managing operations and leading over 400 tax professionals. Katie also serves as the Practice Leader of BDO’s West Michigan tax practice (Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo).
Katie serves clients in multiple industries, predominantly focusing on manufacturing and distribution. Her primary experience and expertise has been centered on federal, state, and international tax planning, consulting, and compliance for closely held businesses and their owners.
Outside of BDO, Katie serves as Co-Chair of the Board of Directors for the Mental Health Foundation of West Michigan, as a Board member for The Right Place, and is involved in various other professional and community organizations in Western Michigan.
Katie has been recognized for her leadership and contributions to the West Michigan community by the Grand Rapids Business Journal, which has named her one of the 50 Most Influential Women in West Michigan and one of the Grand Rapids 200 Most Powerful Business Leaders in West Michigan.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
- M.S.A., Grand Valley State University
- B.B.A., Grand Valley State University
- Mental Health Foundation of West Michigan, Co-Chair
- The Right Place, Board Member/Finance Committee Member
- TalentFirst, CEO Council Member
- Literacy Center of West Michigan, Former Treasurer