Tax Office Managing Partner
Katie Ferris is Tax office managing partner for BDO West Michigan. In this role, Katie manages roughly 100 tax professionals and is responsible for leading the tax practice in all areas, including setting strategic direction as well as managing operations.
She serves clients in multiple industries, including manufacturing, distribution, technology, telecommunications, and construction. Her primary focus has been on federal, state, and international tax planning, consulting, and compliance for closely-held businesses and their owners.
Katie has significant experience with organizational structuring and planning to enhance tax efficiencies. She also assists clients with estate planning, accounting methods, mergers and acquisitions, and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax examination services.
Katie has been recognized for her leadership and contributions to the West Michigan community by the Grand Rapids Business Journal, which has named her one of the 50 Most Influential Women in West Michigan, one of the Grand Rapids 200 Most Powerful Business Leaders in West Michigan, as well as a 40 Under 40 Business Leader.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
- M.S.A., Grand Valley State University
- B.B.A., Grand Valley State University
- Literacy Center of West Michigan, Treasurer
- Mental Health Foundation of West Michigan, Board Member and Treasurer
- Talent 2025, CEO Council Member