Managing Director; Advisory Northeast Regional Market Leader
Karl Hampe is an accomplished business advisor with a focus on managing risk and adapting to new markets, especially in innovation-intensive industries. Completed engagements during the past 25 years include significant intellectual property work, including damages related to infringement of utility and design patents, trademark infringement, and theft of trade secrets. He has also testified in damages and other quantification matters, including a $300+ million hedge fund fraud proceeding. Karl has advised clients with operations in Europe, the former Soviet Union, and across the U.S.
Karl has written for “Selected Legal Papers of The American Intellectual Property Law Association” and “The Law & Business of Licensing” published by the Licensing Executives Society and presented on patent damages to the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the New York Intellectual Property Lawyers Association, and other groups. He also co-authored “Patent Damages Post Festo,” published in Law360.
- American Bar Association - Industrial Organization Economist Associate
- American Economic Association
- American Marketing Association
- National Association of Business Economists
- National Association of Forensic Economics Referee, Journal of Forensic Economics
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountant - Associate Member
- M.B.A., Marketing and International Business, School of Graduate Business Administration, New York University (now the Stern School of Business)
- B.A., International Relations, Columbia University
- Mentoring USA