Assurance Principal; Latin America and Caribbean Desk Leader
Ernie Saumell is an Assurance principal with more than 20 years of experience in public accounting serving both public and privately-held companies, including multinational engagements. This experience includes financial and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 attestation, filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), debt and equity offerings, and due diligence engagements. Ernie has also assisted clients with various technical and complex accounting issues.
Ernie has extensive SEC reporting experience and has assisted clients on initial public offerings (IPOs) and other public filings. He also works with several clients that have private equity financing and/or ownership.
Ernie co-chairs the Latin America and Caribbean Desk for BDO in the United States, a role that coordinates service delivery and resources for BDO’s multinational clients in the Americas region.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Insurance Accounting and Systems Association
- M.S., Business Administration, Florida International University
- B.A., Accounting, Florida International University
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce