Assurance Principal; China and ASEAN Desk Leader
CPA, OCP (DBA), CISA, CISSP
Bill Liao has nearly 20 years of public accounting experience in both the U.S. and China and provides accounting, auditing, internal control, and risk advisory services to both private and publicly-held companies. His clients include a wide array of companies in the mining, manufacturing and distribution, retail, technology, healthcare, and services industries. From 2009 to 2016, Bill was relocated from BDO in the United States to BDO in China as a long-term secondee. His international experiences included financial reporting audits, as well as internal audits and consulting for multinational companies.
Bill works closely with audit and advisory engagement teams to develop service strategies and approaches. He also manages resources and oversees quality control for client engagements, including those for multinational clients operating in China.
Bill leads the China and ASEAN Desks for BDO in the United States, a role that comprises orchestrating service delivery and resources for BDO’s multinational clients operating in China and across the greater southeast Asian region
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- International Information System Security Certification Consortium (ISC²) American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- M.S., Business Administration (Information Systems Audit), California State Polytechnic University
- B.S., Economics, Yunnan University