Tax Southwest Regional Managing Partner; Tax Office Managing Partner; Private Client Services Southwest Region Co-Leader
Throughout his more than 35 years with BDO, Bill Hickl has cultivated a reputation as an accessible and common-sense resource for both his clients and business colleagues inside and outside of the firm. His core technical strengths include tax planning and compliance for closely held businesses, including federal tax, transaction planning, and Texas franchise tax.
Bill is also the tax advisor to numerous high-net-worth clients, including senior management of some of Houston’s largest public companies.
Outside of the firm, he lends his time to several charitable organizations.
- American Institute of CPAs
- Houston Chapter of TSCPA
- Screen Actors Guild
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Zen-Do Kai Martial Arts Association
- M.B.A., Finance, Texas A&M University
- B.B.A., Accounting, University of Houston
- City of Sugar Land 4B Corporation, Board Member
- Fort Bend Chamber of Commerce, Past Board Member and Treasurer
- KickStart Foundation, Board Member and Finance Committee Chair
- KickStart Foundation, Houston Advisory Board Member Chair
- Literacy Council of Ft. Bend County, Board Member and Past Chair
- St. Laurence Catholic Church, Sugar Land, Texas, Finance Council Member
- Sugar Creek Homeowner’s Association, Board Member and Past President
- University of Houston Alumni Association, Board Member