Why does your organization need a gift policy? Find out as BDO Columbus and Goettler Associates, Inc. walk you through the elements of a gift acceptance policy and how it can advance your cultivation and solicitation strategies. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to hear from our team of industry leaders during this complimentary seminar. Join your peers in learning ways to leverage your fundraising efforts to work to your organization's advantage, with positive results.
Specific topics to be covered include:
- Best practices for creating your organization's gift acceptance policy and examples
- Tax implications of different types of donations
- Identifying types of donations and how they are recognized under GAAP standards
- Discussing the "real-life" applications through case studies - the good, the bad, and the ugly!
Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the fundamentals of creating and maintaining a gift acceptance policy
- Communicate tax implications on a client's gift acceptance policy
- Recognize atypical gifts and how to account for them according to GAAP
Delivery: Group Live
Advanced Prep: None
Credits: 1.5 CPE credits in the field of Specialized Knowledge & Applications
Program Level: Basic
BDO USA, LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org
David Goettler, CEO, Goettler Associates, Inc.
Annette Hoelzer, Nonprofit Tax Partner, BDO
Andy Klausing, Assurance Senior Associate, BDO
Lori Overmyer, Vice President, Goettler Associates, Inc