For telecommunication companies – and others that bill for telecommunication services.
Telecommunication companies – including cable companies and others that bill for communication services – are required to master the complex world of taxes and fees imposed on telecommunication services: sales taxes, state gross receipts taxes, local telecommunications taxes, federal universal fund fees, state universal service fund fees, and 911 fees. Billing and remitting these taxes and fees can be very complex. As states become more aggressive in auditing companies offering telecommunication services, failure to comply could cause significant exposures. Conversely, telecommunication companies may be eligible for exemptions or refunds of overpayments of tax on access charges and certain telecommunications equipment purchases.
The Telecommunications Tax Group at BDO is a partner-led, dedicated practice with a deep focus in this area and all its complexities. We work to minimize both tax burden and the risk of non-compliance, and help clients develop optimization strategies for the years ahead.
- Taxability Matrix Reviews
- Telecommunications Tax Compliance Reviews
- Telecommunications Tax Controversy and Audit Defense
- Federal Universal Service Fund Fees Compliance Reviews
- Telecommunications Tax Nexus Studies
- Refunds of Overpayments of Tax on Access Charges and Certain Telecommunications Equipment Purchases
- Implementation of Purchasing Companies