Innovative solutions for complex regulations.
BDO assists organizations in meeting national security requirements set by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) during cross-border mergers and acquisitions. From process improvement and compliance to investigative inquiries and independent audits, BDO employs proven methodologies and innovative technologies through each stage of CFIUS preparation, submission, and review.
BDO possesses deep experience addressing complex CFIUS requirements and regulatory compliance criteria. Our team has been actively engaged on various significant CFIUS projects, including as the Third Party Independent Auditor for a National Security Agreement in the telecommunications industry, Third Party Independent Monitor for an Interim Order establishing Mitigation Measures in the financial services industry, and as an Independent Auditor for a Letter of Assurance in the aerospace and defense industry. In every engagement, BDO leverages depth of experience in serving virtually every industry, including those related to U.S. National Security Assets and U.S. Critical Infrastructure.
Our services include:
- Performing independent, third-party compliance audits
- Developing governance models including systems, processes, and controls
- Developing mitigation assessment models including security plan implementation and pre-audit evaluation components
- Assessing internal controls, including physical and logical access, vulnerability testing, and network and infrastructure segregation
- Evaluation of source code through manual and automated comparison tools for mitigation against possible system failure, security vulnerabilities and security threat analysis.
- Assisting with CFIUS negotiation strategy, including organizational, operational and financial impact studies.