Helping organizations go from scrutiny to settlement.
BDO helps organizations address a wide range of lawsuits, investigations, and regulatory inquiries. Working with audit committees, boards of directors, officers, and counsel, our professionals have experience addressing complex and high-profile securities litigation matters, including class actions, derivative suits, and criminal investigations. We possess extensive experience presenting our findings to the U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), and other regulatory bodies.
Our professionals use a variety of electronic-discovery and other techniques to examine large volumes of emails and other data and recover electronic evidence. We draft submissions to regulatory bodies, prepare expert reports, and serve as testifying and consulting experts, assisting counsel with all aspects of litigation, including discovery, identifying relevant documents, drafting questions for deponents, and preparing witnesses for testimony.
Our services include:
- Analyzing allegations of fraudulent financial reporting, accounting irregularities, and financial statement restatements
- Investigating accounting transactions
- Investigating alleged financial reporting and disclosure irregularities
- Evaluating the effectiveness of internal controls
- Performing forensic accounting analyses
- Developing analyses of potential liability and damages, and assisting in negotiating favorable settlements
- Assisting counsel in preparing for depositions and trial, including formulating pertinent questions and developing demonstrative exhibits
- Drafting court filings and documents