Experience. Independence. Objectivity.
BDO works with counsel to evaluate audit and accounting professional liability claims against accounting firms and individuals. With significant experience working with both global and regional accounting firms, we have advised counsel representing clients in high-profile matters involving allegations of audit and accounting improprieties involving hundreds of millions of dollars in damages. Additionally, our professionals have provided testimony before federal and state court, as well as the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (“PCAOB”), U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), and other regulatory bodies.
Helping our clients defend or settle claims, BDO advises on technical audit and accounting issues in a variety of settings, including litigation, investigations, arbitrations, and regulatory or professional proceedings. We also evaluate damages and determine loss causation. We work with clients to address allegations of:
- Violations of professional standards, including generally accepted auditing standards, PCAOB standards, and SEC rules and regulations
- Failure to detect fraudulent financial reporting or misappropriation of assets
- Lack of independence and other ethics matters
Our professionals draw on a wide range of experiences and backgrounds, and have held positions with standards-setting bodies and self-regulatory organizations, including the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, PCAOB, and Financial Accounting Standards Board. Our team includes:
- Certified public accountants
- Certified fraud examiners
- Forensic accountants
- Computer forensics specialists
- E-discovery specialists