Every transaction presents tax opportunities and challenges.
The acquisition, disposition, or restructuring of a business can create significant opportunities, as well as significant tax exposure. Both companies and individuals must confront numerous and complex tax issues, often with only a very small window of time to consider alternatives and implement strategies.
From acquisition structuring and due diligence, to post-acquisition integration services, BDO’s dedicated Transaction Advisory Services M&A Tax Practice delivers comprehensive, partner-led services to clients of all sizes. With deep experience across industry sectors, and one of the world’s largest accounting and consulting networks, our professionals are uniquely qualified to meet the particular needs of our clients, whatever they may be. Our service model is built upon a transparent, highly collaborative approach, and BDO ensures that you have access to the people you need, when you need them.
Our M&A Tax services include:
- Structuring of acquisitions, dispositions, mergers, and carve-outs
- Tax modeling and tax benefit analyses
- Tax due diligence, both buy-side and sell-side
- Tax planning for tax “step-ups” (e.g., Sections 338(h)(10), 336(e), or 754 elections)
- Special projects/analyses including NOLS and Section 382, transaction costs, and E&P
- Post-acquisition integration/optimization and remediation services
- Calculation of “make-whole” payments
- Calculation of tax “leakage”
- Change in control payment analysis (e.g., Section 280G)
- Transaction cost analysis