Tax Office Managing Partner
Sean Purple oversees the Tax practice in the BDO Richmond office. He has more than 20 years of experience advising a wide variety of clients including publicly-traded, multinational, and smaller growth-oriented companies on tax issues related to the financial institutions, real estate, technology, and telecommunications industries.
Sean has experience consulting on corporate structuring, stock options and equity issues, mergers and acquisitions, methods of accounting, research and development tax, consolidated tax returns, and pass-through entities. He has extensive experience in the area of accounting for income taxes under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and he currently serves as the firm’s lead technical resource for IAS 12 matters. In addition, he has widespread experience addressing various state and international tax issues including identification and implementation of tax strategies for income, non-income, and transaction taxes.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- M.S., Taxation, Golden Gate University
- B.S., Accounting, University at Albany (SUNY)
- Richmond Venture Forum
- Virginia Manufacturers Association, Taxation Committee