November 10, 2016
Chicago, IL –
BDO USA, LLP, one of the nation’s leading accounting and consulting firms, today announced an expansion into Northeast Florida through the addition of 102 staff, including 11 partners, from The LBA Group – a firm that was recently ranked as one of the leading accounting firms in the Gulf Coast Region by Accounting Today.
Founded in 1966, LBA provides a full range of accounting and tax services to a client base of private middle market businesses, with significant strength in the healthcare, construction, real estate, manufacturing and nonprofit industries. Combined with BDO's existing offices in Coral Gables, Fort Lauderdale, Lakeland, Miami, Orlando, Tampa, West Palm Beach and Winter Haven, BDO will have more than 400 professionals serving Florida clients. The combination of BDO and The LBA Group is subject to customary closing conditions and is expected to be completed on November 16, 2016.
The transaction also includes the services currently offered by LBA Healthcare Consulting and LBA Retirement Plan Services. The LBA Group was formerly a member of the Leading Edge Alliance and BKR International.
“I want to welcome the LBA partners and staff to BDO. This combination, combined with previous expansions in Central and South Florida over the past year, has greatly increased our geographic footprint and critical mass in the state of Florida," said Wayne Berson, CEO of BDO USA. “LBA’s experience in the healthcare, real estate, construction, nonprofit and manufacturing sectors, melds well with our existing industry strengths. They also have an entrepreneurial culture that is a natural fit for BDO and should make the integration of their practice as seamless as possible.”
“We have a long history of helping businesses succeed in Jacksonville and we enjoy deep roots in the community itself. By combining with BDO, we intend to build on that tradition. Our clients will continue to receive the close personal attention they have come to expect from our team, while having access to a wider array of services, broader industry experience, and the full coverage of BDO's global network,” said Neal Von Stein, Managing Partner of LBA. “BDO has a very similar culture to our own and, like us, a well-earned reputation as a highly desirable place to work. As part of a national firm, we will have improved resources for recruiting and training, and our people will now have access to many more opportunities to pursue career growth.”
Neal Von Stein, who has more than 24 years of professional experience, will serve as the tax managing partner for the new Jacksonville practice of BDO USA, while Eric Martinez, who has more than 25 years of experience in public accounting, will serve as the assurance managing partner.
Upon completion of the transaction, all LBA professionals will continue to serve their loyal clientele with the added resources of BDO. BDO will maintain the current LBA office location in Jacksonville (information below).
BDO USA, LLP
501 Riverside Avenue
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Like BDO USA, The LBA Group has been recognized by numerous business and industry publications for its workplace accomplishments. Most recently, it was named a Best Place to Work
by the Jacksonville Business Journal
. LBA is also very involved in the community and maintains a philanthropic fund. The firm has been an honoree for 904 Magazine’s Companies with Heart
, a salute to Northeast Florida businesses that put community and giving at the forefront of their agendas.
About BDO USA
- BDO USA has more than 400 staff serving Florida businesses from offices in Coral Gables, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Lakeland, Miami, Orlando, Tampa, West Palm Beach and Winter Haven.
- Over the past four years, BDO has expanded rapidly, entering 25 new cities and adding critical mass in 12 existing markets.
- BDO represents companies ranging from closely-held private businesses to leading non-profits to Fortune 500 multinationals.
- BDO USA has industry practices specialized in serving businesses in the construction, energy, financial institutions, asset management, government contracting, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, nonprofit, private equity, real estate, restaurant, retail and technology sectors.
- For three consecutive years (2013-2015), BDO USA has gained more SEC audit clients than any other accounting firm (source - Audit Analytics).
- BDO has been named a Best Company by Working Mother Magazine for six consecutive years and been recognized with the When Work Works Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility for seven consecutive years.
- BDO has more than 60 offices and more than 400 independent alliance firm locations around the country.
- BDO USA has been serving clients for more than 100 years since its founding in 1910 (as Seidman & Seidman).
- As an independent member of BDO International Limited, the firm can leverage the resources of more than 1,300-member firm offices in over 150 countries around the world. BDO was named the 2015 Network of the Year by International Accounting Bulletin.
BDO is the brand name for BDO USA, LLP, a U.S. professional services firm providing assurance, tax, financial advisory and consulting services to a wide range of publicly traded and privately held companies. For more than 100 years, BDO has provided quality service through the active involvement of experienced and committed professionals. The firm serves clients through more than 60 offices and more than 400 independent alliance firm locations nationwide. As an independent Member Firm of BDO International Limited, BDO serves multi-national clients through a global network of more than 1,300 offices in over 150 countries.
BDO USA, LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership, is the U.S. member of BDO International Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, and forms part of the international BDO network of independent member firms. BDO is the brand name for the BDO network and for each of the BDO Member Firms. For more information, please visit: www.bdo.com