Assurance Office Managing Partner
Edward “Marty” Ridout is the leader of the Assurance practice for BDO’s Norfolk office. He has over 28 years’ experience working with clients in a variety of industries, including retail, wholesale, manufacturing, government contracting, hospitality and property management, services, and various types of nonprofit and employee benefit plans. Services he provides his clients include auditing, accounting, and business advisory services; consulting related to companies owned by employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs), as well as mergers of ESOPs; due diligence and litigation support services related to mergers, acquisitions, and spin-offs; peer reviews; and forensic accounting; fraud prevention consulting; and fraud examinations for both commercial and nonprofit organizations.
Marty has spoken at a number of professional venues, including the Tidewater Chapter of the Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants and the Old Dominion University Chapter of Beta Alpha Psi. He is active in the community, serving on the audit committee for his church and the Parent Teachers Association of the schools attended by his children.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- The ESOP Association
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA)
- B.S., Business Administration, Old Dominion University
- Old Dominion University Accounting Advisory Council
- Virginia Campus Outreach Opportunity League, Board of Directors