Full-scale litigation support.
In the business world, disputes and differing forms of malfeasance can crop up at any time, despite a contractor’s best efforts. This is especially true in the federal contracting arena, where companies face a voluminous set of complex and ever-changing compliance requirements along with additional competitive forces, stakeholders, and marketplace conditions.
When these issues arise, BDO is there to assist our clients in any way we can, including dispute resolution, risk management, forensic investigations, and regulatory compliance. BDO’s goal is to minimize the potential impact to the organization by delivering an expedient resolution, whether it be with a prime contractor or subcontractor, government auditor, contracting officer, suspension and debarment official, or other agency personnel. BDO regularly operates under attorney-client privilege or protective order to shield its review and maintain the confidentiality of any sensitive matters or information.
Where mitigation techniques, successful rebuttal, or settlement may not be achievable, BDO professionals also provide full-scale litigation support across a variety of government contracting matters. We combine the necessary financial and accounting background with unique experience in government contracting to support litigation and investigations across virtually every industry.
Our Government Contracting Practice frequently support clients in a variety of litigation and forensic reviews including, but not limited to:
- Bid protests
- Contract Terminations for Convenience or Default
- False Claims Act Investigations
- Mandatory or Voluntary Disclosures
- Fraud and Forensic Investigations
- Suspension and Debarment Proceedings
- Complex Government Contract Claims
- Prime Contractor and Subcontractor Disputes
- Preparation of Requests for Equitable Adjustment (REA)
- Restructuring and Valuation
- Support during Government Investigations and Audits
- Labor Law Disputes – including those involving the Service Contact Act and Davis-Bacon Act
- Economic Damages Analysis
- Expert Testimony and Report Services
We work with a wide variety of organizations, including corporations, law firms, insurance companies, and financial service entities, and have experience in a number of different courts, agencies, and arbitration tribunals.