• Events

    BDO events bring our community together in an online and offline setting
    to connect with each other and share insights into the topics and trends.

Remodel Safe Harbor - Tax Savings Opportunity for Restaurants and Retailers

January 14, 2016


  • Summary
  • Details

Access the Recording

If your restaurant or retail business has substantial remodel-refresh costs, you will want to watch this webinar to learn about the recently released remodel safe harbor. It creates a potentially significant tax savings opportunity for many restaurants and retailers with applicable financial statements. The change allows 75 percent of qualifying expenditures to be deducted immediately, with the remaining 25 percent capitalized and depreciated over time.

This webinar will discuss:

  • The background and objectives of Revenue Procedure 2015-56, including the types of businesses that will qualify and those explicitly excluded
  • The types of remodel-refresh projects – and related costs – that qualify for the safe harbor
  • Documentation requirements and how to compute qualified costs
  • Case study examples

Click here to read BDO's Federal Tax Alert on the topic.