Please join BDO Consulting for a complimentary breakfast seminar featuring continuing legal education.
Whether related to an alleged constructive fraud, a bankruptcy issue, or relative to some other legal matter, an attempt to pierce the corporate veil can be an important element of a legal claim. While the action itself depends on the legal theory, demonstration of the underlying facts and circumstances can depend heavily on the financial and corporate transactions between or among entities. In these matters forensic accountants can determine the veracity of claims through the application of appropriate methodologies and procedures.
This session will cover the primary theories and factors considered relative to a piercing action and the manner in which business valuation analysts and forensic accountants analyze:
- Commingling of Assets and Operations
- Respect of Corporate Formalities and Corporate Relationships
- Nature of Transactional Relationships (Arm’s Length)
- External Representation of members
- Concentrations of assets or liabilities
- Treatment of entities by controlling owners