As part of our continuing "Focus on Fraud" series, this program will take a closer look at the many forms of employee fraud that threaten organizations and provide insights regarding common and not so common schemes. The panel will explore the necessary steps to recovery including identification, quantification and substantiation of losses as well as internal control remediation, recoveries from culpable parties and the insurance claim process. The presentation will be delivered by a panel of experienced professionals from BDO Consulting and Chartis Insurance and provide examples of real life embezzlement, kickback and corruption schemes. Participants will be able to ask questions and exchange ideas with the panel.
Self Study Course:
If you missed the live webcast, you may access a CPE-worthy self-study course by clicking on the following link and entering as "BDO Clients & Invited Guests."
Click here to register
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the common business exposures to employee fraud;
- Recognize that while workplace fraud controls and regulatory requirements such as the Sarbanes/Oxley and Dodd-Frank Acts may help mitigate the risk of fraud, significant risks remain;
- Appreciate the potential financial impact on organizations based on current statistics with respect to workplace fraud and recovery of related losses;
- Become familiar with examples of fraud at the workplace;
- Understand forensic procedures involved in fraud investigations and the Fidelity Research and Investigative Services Clause (FRISC) process;
- Understand the importance of Fidelity Insurance and what it constitutes; and
- Become familiar with Fidelity Insurance solutions available for your business.
Continuing Professional Education credit is available for those who have registered for and participated for the entire webinar (including being logged in for the duration of the webinar and being responsive to ALL polling questions).
Delivery: If you missed the live webcast, you may access the self-study course.
Advanced Prep: None
Credits: 1 CPE credit in the field of Specialized Knowledge and Applications - Fraud
Program Level: Advanced
BDO USA, LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org