Date: November 1, 2016
Time: 12:00 PM to 1:15 PM ET
What every contractor anticipating an award over $500,000 needs to know now! The Final Rule on Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces will become effective on October 25, 2016. This rule significantly alters the procurement process for awards over $500,000 and raises the level of scrutiny on contractor labor violations to the point of rendering potential bidders non-responsive.
Join us to hear an overview of the rule, its effects on the procurement process, and tips to help contractors stay compliant.
We’ll cover the following topics:
- An overview of the new rule’s requirements
- Key changes from the proposed rule
- Implications for future contract actions
- Practical steps contractors can take to maintain compliance
Webinar Learning Objectives:
- Gain on understanding of the requirements of the new final rule on Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces.
- Recognize key changes from the proposed rule.
- Learn practical steps contractors can take to prepare for and maintain compliance.
Delivery: The webinar will be delivered via the BDO Online CPE Network
Advanced Prep: None
Credits: 1.0 CPE credit in Specialized Knowledge and Applications
Program Level: Update
BDO USA, LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org