Registration for this event is now closed. Please contact BDOeventssouthflorida@bdo.com with any questions.
BDO USA, LLP invites you and your colleagues to our CPE-qualified Accounting and Tax Update. This event will highlight timely, comprehensive updates and provide key takeaways on accounting and financial topics that directly impact both public and private companies.
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to ask meaningful questions of subject matter leaders and join in discussions specific to your business and operational challenges.
Specific topics to be covered include:
- Accounting and financial reporting update
- Tax updates, proposed legislation and trends that may have an impact on you or your company
- Cyber Risk
- Insights into mergers and acquisitions
Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- 3.0 CPE credits in the field of Tax
- 1.0 CPE credit in the field of Accounting
- 2.0 CPE credits in the field of Specialized Knowledge and Applications
- Identify the major developments in federal income taxation for individuals, corporations, and other businesses Update participants concerning 2016 tax developments emphasizing practical solutions to problems and tax planning opportunities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of recent developments related to the Work Opportunity Credit, state job/training credits, and other tax incentives. Identify federal and state tax incentives that are applicable to your business. Describe how recent developments related to the R&D credit might impact your business.
- Review the recent changes in the FASB standards Discuss current ongoings of private and public company reporting standards Understand any implications new standards have for year-end financials
- Identify components of a cybersecurity risk management program, including your role in an organization's governance and operating model.
- Gain insights into optimizing cybersecurity strategies, making sure limited resources are deployed in the right areas to mitigate risk.
- Receive an update on the ever-changing regulatory landscape.
Delivery: Group Live
Advanced Prep: None
Credits: 6.0 total CPE credits available
Program Level: Update
BDO USA, LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org