For one large hospital system—containing over ten hospitals and 30,000 team members—maturing their data analytics capabilities was key to centralizing and curating data insights for their 200+ clinical and operational data analysts. BDO stepped in to help build a strategic architecture and plan to modernize their data platform in the cloud.
BDO’s architecture plan and modernized platform have resulted in the following key outcomes for the hospital system:
- An estimated $4.4 million in in cost reduction and infrastructure over five years
- Creation of a resilient architecture that includes disaster recovery and security best practices
- Ability to extract key insights relating to patient traffic and PPE availability during COVID-19
- A variety of use cases, including those related to physician compensation, anesthesia, orthopedic research and radiology
- Enablement of advanced analytics and AI, allowing the hospital system to automatically manage patient flow and monitor high-risk patients