The Impact of Microsoft 365 E5 Compliance
November 23, 2021
Forrester’s Total Economic Impact™, a study commissioned by Microsoft in June of 2021, is an analysis of various organizations across different industries, all of whom use Microsoft 365 E5 Compliance. The study reveals that these organizations improved their ability to meet regulatory requirements and reduced risk of sensitive data loss or mishandling by providing better visibility and control through a single platform.
How Microsoft 365 E5 Compliance Impacted Different Industries
Here are a few examples of the impact M365 E5 Compliance had on these organizations:
- A natural resources company decreased the time spent on ongoing monitoring and checking indictors of potential suspicious activity from 12 hours per week to 30 minutes per week (96% reduction). Additionally, investigations used to require a team of five working full-time for two weeks. Now, the same team can spend just three days per incident, which is a 70% reduction.
- For an information services company where e-discovery work previously took a total of 40 hours per week across legal, audit, and security teams now takes 15 hours per week (a 63% reduction). The VP of IT and Cybersecurity at the same company said having a “single pane of glass” view of compliance helped them decrease the time spent creating reports by 96%.
- A healthcare organization shared their time to investigate a suspicious incident dropped by 67%. At a professional services company, analysis of controls would previously require 240 hours of manual effort. With M365 E5 Compliance, the company cut that effort by 97% (8 hours total).
- At a professional services company, analysis of controls would previously require 240 hours of manual effort. With M365 E5 Compliance, the company cut that effort by 97% to a total of eight hours.
The Overall Impact of Microsoft 365 E5 Compliance
- Improved process efficiency valued at $3.1 million
- Reduced external fees totaling $1.9 million
- Decreased risk and cost of a data breach valued at $409,953
- Cost savings of $2.3 million from retiring legacy third-party software
- Ease of adoption, use, and administration from having a single integrated solution
- Visibility and audit history of data and workflows across the full suite
- Greater ease and consistency in compliance reporting
- Improved ability to anticipate and respond to compliance requirements of international expansion
- Shorter turnaround times on information requests and legal processes
These are present value quantified benefits applied to the composite organization and totaling over three years.
Source: Forrester’s Total Economic Impact Report
How to Get Started with Microsoft 365 E5 Compliance
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, cybercrime is up 600%
compared to years past. Cybersecurity has always been a top priority for companies worldwide, but now, it’s more prevalent than ever before. By adopting Microsoft 365 E5 Compliance with intent, your organization can start to see immediate value. The solution helps organizations assess compliance risk, govern and protect sensitive data, and respond to regulatory requirements.
Are you ready to get started with E5 Compliance? Contact BDO Digital
to discuss Microsoft 365 Compliance solutions today.