Microsoft’s Solution Assessment + Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure can Guide your Cloud Journey
July 14, 2021
According to BDO Digital’s 2021 Digital Transformation Survey
, cloud use is on the rise in the middle market, but maturity lags and many businesses still have a significant share of their workloads on premises. Nearly a third (31%) of business executives surveyed cite reliance on on-prem IT platforms as a significant inhibiter to overall IT resilience. As middle market technology adoption increases in the post-pandemic world, many organizations are looking to the cloud for its superior flexibility, security and scalability.
Microsoft Solution Assessments can help organizations make informed IT decisions aligned to their business strategy by delivering deep organizational insights. Whether you are conducting business on-premise, in the cloud, or in a hybrid environment, Microsoft has a Solution Assessment that can support you in securing and optimizing your current IT estate and lay a scalable foundation for business growth.
Microsoft Solution Assessment Steps
The Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure
The Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure (CAF) is designed to help organizations create and implement the business and technology strategies necessary to succeed in the cloud. It provides best practices, documentation and tools that cloud architects, IT professionals and business decision makers need to successfully achieve their short- and long-term objectives.
By using the Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure best practices, organizations can better align their business and technical strategies to ensure success.
Microsoft’s Data-Driven Analysis and Recommendations in Phases
Better Together – Solution Assessment + CAF
With real-time performance data, Microsoft’s Solution Assessments combined with CAF can assess cloud readiness, identify and prioritize Azure-ready workloads and provide cost-consumption estimates and key deliverables including:
- Cloud Adoption Workshop to establish the strategic direction, motivations, drivers, business outcomes and backlog of work to create a Cloud Adoption Plan
- Cloud-readiness report illustrating what is Azure-ready, and what can be addressed through rehosting, refactoring, replacing or rebuilding
- Identification and prioritization of “low-hanging fruit” migration candidates
- Cloud cost-consumption estimates with one and three-year options
- Governance recommendations for key principles including: Security, Identity, Resource, Cost, Deployment Acceleration along with Landing Zone recommendations
- Certified Partner expertise from Azure gold migration partners
- Dedicated support from Microsoft throughout the duration of the engagement to ensure objectives have been met
BDO Digital can Help you Optimize your Cloud
Effective technology implementation can accelerate business outcomes and improve top line revenue. More than 1 in 5 respondents of the 2021 Digital Transformation Survey
said that the ROI of their digital transformation initiatives exceeded expectations. BDO Digital can help your organization leverage Microsoft Solution Assessments and the Cloud Adoptions Framework for Azure to make sure you’re getting the most value from the cloud.
To see how we’ve helped other clients take advantage of these Microsoft solutions, check out our client success stories with Batory Foods
and the Illinois CPA Society