Hardware and Software Distribution Firm Upgrades ERP System
April 26, 2021
A fast-growing company that is a national leader in IT products and solutions development needed help with software selection and implementation of a new ERP system. Headquartered in northern Illinois, with additional offices across the U.S., this company was running on an outdated ERP system that was causing disruptions to their business. The company was also considering moving their systems to a hosted cloud model.
BDO Digital has worked with this firm for over 20 years on building their custom e-commerce platform, integrating different applications and implementing Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Goals and Objectives of Software Selection
The company wanted a cost-effective and efficient ERP platform that would provide:
- Seamless integration with existing software applications
- Easy to use interface and minimal disruption to end-user experience
- Minimal system customizations
- Enhanced, dynamic, and real-time reporting and analytics
- Condensed implementation timeline
BDO Digital utilized portions of its formal methodology to assist the company with the evaluation of potential ERP system alternatives. The methodology frames and defines the steps and tasks involved in the selection process and performs an objective assessment of the system options to realize a higher success rate in the selection of a cost-effective approach to support business operations.
BDO Digital’s software selection methodology includes several steps:
- Documenting business requirements by conducting a series of interviews with various levels of the organization in order to objectively document business processes and link them to ERP system functionality
- Developing and distributing a Request for Proposal (RFP) to identify software providers
- Performing a cost/benefit analysis of implementation
- Developing a formal recommendation, along with a fully documented decision support package
BDO Digital helped the firm select Acumatica
as their new ERP system and is leading the integration, data migration, enablement and adoption of the implementation.
BDO Digital’s experience with similar clients helped expedite the software selection process to quickly find the best solution for the company.
The new ERP system will allow the company to manage their business using a modern and easily adjustable application. They will also benefit from a more streamlined process, scalability and user adoption and improved company-wide analytics. BDO Digital continues to provide overall management of the ERP system for the company.
BDO Digital’s methodology
is focused on a software choice that will meet the functional, financial, and technological requirements of your company. We have the industry knowledge and technical expertise needed to help at every stage of the lifecycle. If you would like more information, please contact us