Chicago, IL – BDO USA, LLP, one of the nation’s leading professional service organizations, today announced an expansion of its Texas presence through the addition of six partners from Carneiro, Chumney & Co. and their respective client service and support service professionals. Founded in 1929, Carneiro, Chumney is one of the largest and most experienced firms in South Texas. The firm, which brings more than 60 total staff to BDO, had been a member of the BDO Seidman Alliance since 1999. The combination of BDO and Carneiro, Chumney is effective immediately.
"The addition of the partners and other professionals formerly with Carneiro, Chumney & Co. provides BDO with a fantastic presence in the important San Antonio market. Combined with our existing practices in Austin, Dallas and Houston, BDO is well established in the major Texas markets and poised for growth," said Jack Weisbaum, CEO of BDO USA. "Through our previous Alliance relationship, we have a history of collaboration on client work and business development with our new partners and staff. Carneiro, Chumney’s extensive experience in the manufacturing, energy, real estate, nonprofit and retail & consumer industries will add to our existing strengths in these sectors."
"We have enjoyed working with BDO partners and staff since we joined the BDO Seidman Alliance in 1999. BDO has a uniquely compatible practice philosophy that will make our transition into the firm as seamless as possible," said Robert McAdams, Partner and former Managing Partner of Carneiro Chumney. "We have a long history of strong relationships in the business and non-profit communities in San Antonio. By combining with BDO we will build on that tradition by bringing our clients a wider array of services, expanded geographic coverage, extensive industry experience and additional resources."
- BDO has been serving clients for more than 100 years since its founding in 1910 (as Seidman & Seidman).
- BDO represents companies ranging from Fortune 500 multinationals to closely-held private businesses to leading non-profits.
- BDO has recently been named a Best Company by Work Mother Magazine and a Best Place to Work for Recent Grads by Experience Inc. For three consecutive years, more than 30 of the firm’s offices have been recognized with the Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility.
- BDO has 41 practice offices and more than 400 independent alliance firm locations around the country.
- As an independent member of BDO International Limited (the fifth largest global network of accounting firms), the firm can leverage the resources of more than 1,000 member firm offices in 119 countries around the world.
About BDO USA
BDO is the brand name for BDO USA, LLP, a U.S. professional services firm providing assurance, tax, financial advisory and consulting services to a wide range of publicly traded and privately held companies. For more than 100 years, BDO has provided quality service through the active involvement of experienced and committed professionals. The firm serves clients through 41 offices and more than 400 independent alliance firm locations nationwide. As an independent Member Firm of BDO International Limited, BDO serves multi-national clients through a global network of 1,082 offices in 119 countries.
BDO USA, LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership, is the U.S. member of BDO International Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, and forms part of the international BDO network of independent member firms. BDO is the brand name for the BDO network and for each of the BDO Member Firms. For more information please visit: www.bdo.com.